Help with toilet continually filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me please? I have a compact downstairs toilet that I've had to turn off the water to as it started filling continually. Having a read around I think this means the fill valve is damaged so I had a look at how to replace it myself (no pennies for a plumber at the mo) but none of the ones I've seen look the same as mine. I've taken some pictures...

DSC01943.JPG DSC01944.JPG

..if anyone could point me in the right direction for what part I need or a youtube vid of how to fix this (again they all looked different when I searched!) I would be very grateful! Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi, the Grey valve on the left is the fill valve and the lower section within the White shroud is the float, this float shouldn`t stick but sometimes do. With water in the cistern the float should spring up if you push it down. I take it the water trickles into pan? If so then the flush valve (Yellow & Blue buttons) is the faulty part.
I`ll see if I can find links to your valves.

I take it the water trickles into pan? If so then the flush valve (Yellow & Blue buttons) is the faulty part.
Looking at the overflow pipe in the middle I think it is just over-filling rather then an issue with a leaky flush valve.

Sponsored Links
Change the float valve ( fill valve ,on the left of cistern ) ,as it is not closing as it should ,and the internal overflow ( vertical tube to the far right ) is taking the excess water into the pan. Buy a fluidmaster bottom entry valve ,screwfix code 47792. Your existing valve looks like a " flomasta ", cheap and cheerful and garbage !!

Where is the adjustment for water level on that fill valve?
The valve is height adjustable JP. And there is a button on the float housing ,slides up / down , for minor adjustment. They are junk mate ,give them a wide berth !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back