Help with tumble dryer condensate pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i would like to plumb my tumble dryer condensate waste in to a drain.
I have purchased the bosch condensate pipe however im unsure what fitting i need to connect it to the drain? It has a 30mm disc type connector that goes into the condensate pipe - im unsure how to connect this to my trap?
Can anyone recommend a solution please?

Attachments

• C9CB8746-BAB7-465D-B47D-1E02D0A2767D.jpeg
    C9CB8746-BAB7-465D-B47D-1E02D0A2767D.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 2,036
Sponsored Links
Looking at the manual of a Bosch, it describes the drainage connection methods. These looks similar to that on your image. What is inside the disc type connection? I can only see the side profile on your image.

connections.jpg

Do you have a connection on or near the u-bend of the nearest sink? Or an upright drain pipe where the hose can be inserted similar to that with a washing machine?

Something like this:
dishwasher.jpg

Many thanks for the reply
I managed to sort it by using a 20mm(?) compression joint fitting! One end on the hose pipe waste fitting and the disc fits in the other end...

Attachments

• 3F28A46E-0EBB-4C61-AA49-2C56E90D34A8.jpeg
    3F28A46E-0EBB-4C61-AA49-2C56E90D34A8.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 3,449
They do love to overcomplicate things....

....but yeh...that is the kind of solution I was getting at....

Sponsored Links
Be nice to find a fitting like in the manual? Maybe a german thing! Hopefully my bodge will hold!

Just as a follow up on this, I have recently been facing this conundrum too, with a Bosch Tumble dryer.

The Bosch documents aren't very helpful in this regard. But I can confirm that if you buy something like this:

In this case a Mcalpine WM14 trap or an WM11, the part circled in red is the same diameter connection as the 20mm compression joint fitting, and as such accepts the Bosch small adapter perfectly, just chuck away the spigot that comes with the trap. Just make sure its one of these, but not one with the bigger compression fitting (as shown in the OP's final picture, their trap has the bigger compression at the trap which is why they couldn't do this.)

upload_2020-1-15_8-11-47.png
upload_2020-1-15_8-59-35.png

Had the same problem and spent a day trying to work this out. For this with a standard spigot on 40mm waste the Bosch hose fits inside the spigot. The water drain is very slight and will not leak but a bit of tape around the spigot pipe will not go amiss. Even Bosch helpline didn't know how to fit this...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back