Help with Vaillant ecotec plus 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 937 its a gen 1 version as far as im aware so doesnt have the menu on the display like the later version.

Anyway it was installed in a new build 6 years ago 4 bed detached with 2 adults. last year i installed evohome (with opentherm) using ATP921R3100, R8810A1018, 9 x hr92's leaving 3 with no trv's. also installed vr33 for opentherm integration.

Anyway it seems the system when it was initially commissioned was just left with every option as default. Im wanting to get it running correctly as im sure its not and it be nice to reduce the bills.

can you point me in the right direction of what to do/look at etc let me know what additional info you need and i will strive to get it

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi both enabled on the evohome controller at the moment only 2 rooms actually have any sort of heating schedule livingroom and bedroom 1 all the rest are set to 15 degrees basically dont want them to come on as we dont really use them and if we do we just use local override on the trv.

Also all rads i have discovered have been set fully open on the lsv and about 7 of the 9 with hr92's are connected the 'wrong Way' lsv on flow trv on return

I've just been sat watching the boiler and it seems to be cycling very often. The burner comes on for 1 minute then about 2:40 later it starts the burner again.

Just calculated between the 2 rads in Livingroom with trv's and the 2 towel and the hall I have 4.5kwh with bedroom 1 on its 5.6kwh d.000 is set to28kwh should I put it down to 12?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
so just had a quick tot up of all the rads in the house roughly based on what i can remember of size and possibly the total of the rads is about 41000 BTU so 12kwh! so the boiler was really oversized to start with!

Monkeysballs - I have the same boiler as you (a 10 year old Ecotec Plus 937). I've just received a VR33 but notice that the shift load tank is already connected to X31 on the main pcb. How is your VR33 connected to the main pcb?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back