help with wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have fitted four hologen 24 volt lights into my bathroom, each light has a transformer and the lot is connected to a pull switch dimmer, this has worked fine for the past 4 months, until this morning when i went to put the lights on and nothing happened, no lights, the consumer unit did not switch off ether,
my imediate thought was the dimmer, but having put a new one on it still does not work, i have changed all the bulbs, no joy, i have checked the wiring that i have put in but cant see a fault,
what am i missing
any help would be appreciated
Ivanm

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the supply at the switch and supply side of the transformers?

Vince

vince knight said:
Have you checked the supply at the switch and supply side of the transformers?

Vince
thanks for your help vince, i don't have an electrical tester so will get one in the morning, there cant be much wrong with it because as i am checking the wiring i saw one of the lights flicker, could it be the transformer that have blown,and would it happen to them all at once!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back