Help! Worrying humming in all walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ive noticed a couple of weeks ago, a noise that is coming from all the walls around and its like humming noise, it resembles a fan heater or a water heater but its not coming from a specific location, or I am unable to determine it. I live in block of flats with 2 floors, so it could be coming from another flat. I am really worried, that it could be something dangerous and something could happen! Could anyone advice me, what to do? Its not council building so I cannot just call them up but neither do I want to be paying for someone to come out in case the problem is not even in this flat. More than the noise bothering me, its just im worried that it is some serious problem and that something bad could happen, and in that case surely someone from health and safety I would imagine, would have to investigate? Could anyone advice me please Im really distressed about it and dont know where to turn!
Thanks Kris

Sponsored Links
extropy, I doubt that's it's at all dangerous, so try not to be anxious about it.

A humming is probably a fan motor, or a pump motor. Talk to your neighbours and seek their help in finding the source of the noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back