HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well obviously you should have an invoice and a receipt for the works.

The installer should have completed the benchmark commissioning details, which in your case are at the back of the installation manual.

The external pipework is probably the condensate waste, which must be in plastic. It is often run outside to go into a waste gully, or possibly an external soil pipe. You should also have a small length of copper pipe coming through the wall. This should be bent into the wall and is the pressure relief discharge pipe.

Building controls require that a room thermostat is fitted, programmable or not. If not programmable, then a clock used for heating periods is fitted to the front of the boiler fascia.

The installer is required to notify the works to Corgi within 10 days of completion. You will then receive notification direct from Corgi stating that a registered installer completed the works.

If you are concerned about your installer then why not call Corgi to check his or her details out?

If you are concerned about the quality of the works then why not post some photos on this site – we love ripping each others work to bits!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I think you may have created yourself some problems there. It's extremely unwise to get involved with 'cash in hand' jobs on anything that requires a warranty or even more so, certification & registration with a regulating authority (council, CORGI, OFTEC etc. The person doing the 'cash' job is almost certainly not declaring the earnings so logic says they cannot really take the chance of giving you a warranty or the necessary certification/registration without leaving themselves on a wide open paper trail to defrauding the Inland Revenue! Even worse there is a big risk that the person who did the work is not registered or even qualified to do the work which is a criminal offence!

In the first instance, you must contact whoever did the work & try to get things formalised, if you have no luck there you will have to seek further advice. CAB might be a good place to start or contact CORGI & your local Council Building Control. I had a problem with an OFTEC (oil installation) installer getting registration on a fully invoiced job for a new oil tank installation; they were extremely helpfully & leant on the installer to comply. After all, if your installer is registered, the last thing he will want is to have his certification pulled as he won’t be able to earn a living!

You will have problems when you come to sell up if you cannot provide the necessary paperwork for registration & certification of the work you’ve had done.

Thanks for your help and comments!!!!!!!!! He has said he is going to notify corgi and they will send me a certificate.

Thanks for your help and comments!!!!!!!!! He has said he is going to notify corgi and they will send me a certificate.

yeah course he will

BTW did he knock of 40% income tax (assuming that he pays the top rate of tax) of his price as well as 17.5% for VAT

if not you have been sooo done. :):):)

Bet you felt a little bit ohh and a little bit ahh handing over your sovs, bit like reggie kray mebbe.

I for one hope you get done up like a kipper as you have denied my kids money for their education, My mum help in her old age, Our Soldiers decent kit to defend themselves when the taliban are shooting at them and countless other things that our tax goes to pay.

Well Done

I edited this cos in my rage I mispelled laods of words

yeah course he will

BTW did he knock of 40% income tax (assuming that he pays the top rate of tax) of his price as well as 17.5% for VAT

if not you have been sooo done. :):):)

Bet you felt a little bit ohh and a little bit ahh handing over your sovs, bit like reggie kray mebbe.

I for one hope you get done up like a kipper as you have denied my kids money for their education, My mum help in her old age, Our Soldiers decent kit to defend themselves when the taliban are shooting at them and countless other things that our tax goes to pay.

Well Done

I edited this cos in my rage I mispelled laods of words

The OP obviously realised they made a mistake, hence the post looking for advice & I know it can be difficult sometimes, but why take it so personally! Educate, don’t rage; all you do is raise your blood pressure!

Oh ok right

cos you need to be told that someone who is willing to defraud her majesty's revenue and customs, a criminal offence with an unlimited fine and/or prison term is not "on the level" and you may be doing a deal with some one less than honest who may not do your job properly.

Just in case I had better tell the OP that killing someone is also bad

;)

Right enough about the blood pressure though point taken

:):):)

Oh ok right

cos you need to be told that someone who is willing to defraud her majesty's revenue and customs, a criminal offence with an unlimited fine and/or prison term is not "on the level" and you may be doing a deal with some one less than honest who may not do your job properly.

Just in case I had better tell the OP that killing someone is also bad

;)
Yes, it can be quiet surprising; but at least your last post is informative rather than pure rant! :rolleyes:

Right enough about the blood pressure though point taken

:):):)

Years of ranting for a living is one of the main reasons I'm now on permanent medication for it! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back