HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI..ANYONE HELP..
IM A 32YR OLD FEMALE TRYING TO OPEN A HAIRDRESSERS...
PROBLEM...NO WATER FOR MY BACKWASH.
PLANNING ON GETTIN A SHOWER FITTED & CONNECTING FROM THE WATER SUPPLY NEXT DOOR..THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE WASTE..
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I AM ABLE TO RUN A WASTE PIPE TO THE SOIL PIPE EVEN ALTHOUGH IT IS 4METERS AWAY FROM ME... :mad:
ALSO THERE ARE TOILETS & SHOWERS NEXT DOOR AM I ABLE TO CONNECT MY WASTE PIPE TO ONE OF THERES :mad: :mad: :mad:
I KNOW A PLUMBER WOULD BE ABLE TO ADVISE BUT CASH IS SHORT SO PLANNING ON GETTING MY BROTHERS TO DO THE JOB..
WHILE AM HERE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME AS TO HOW MUCH THIS WOULD COST TO GET A PLUMBER IN TO CONNECT THE WATER & PUT IN THE WASTE
THANKS
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
PLANNING ON GETTIN A SHOWER FITTED & CONNECTING FROM THE WATER SUPPLY NEXT DOOR..
I may be wrong here but i think that is illegal, your shop should have it`s own water supply, you should not have to run it from the store next door.
[/quote]THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE WASTE..
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I AM ABLE TO RUN A WASTE PIPE TO THE SOIL PIPE EVEN ALTHOUGH IT IS 4METERS AWAY FROM ME... :mad:
ALSO THERE ARE TOILETS & SHOWERS NEXT DOOR AM I ABLE TO CONNECT MY WASTE PIPE TO ONE OF THERES :mad: :mad: :mad: [/quote]
Yes as long as the fall is ok.
I KNOW A PLUMBER WOULD BE ABLE TO ADVISE BUT CASH IS SHORT SO PLANNING ON GETTING MY BROTHERS TO DO THE JOB..
WHILE AM HERE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME AS TO HOW MUCH THIS WOULD COST TO GET A PLUMBER IN TO CONNECT THE WATER & PUT IN THE WASTE
THANKS
depends on the plumber :) i`d charge about £150 for it.
One other thing, don`t use cap`s like that in your posts, it is considered rude and a breach of netiquette.

Sponsored Links
There are considerable health and safety rules for staff and customers.

I think that you will need at the very least a toilet for your staff ( and you ). As your customers may have to spend time there drying hair as well then I expect you will be expected to let them use the toilet.

When I was a student, I used to do TV repairs for this small shop. An inspector told the Irish Shop Manager that he needed both a male and a female toilet.

The Manager had an idea and promptly labeled the single toilet "Male and Female". That worked!

There are also water regulations and I doubt that you are allowed to resell your water supply to the next door shop.

Tony

PLANNING ON GETTIN A SHOWER FITTED & CONNECTING FROM THE WATER SUPPLY NEXT DOOR..
I may be wrong here but i think that is illegal, your shop should have it`s own water supply, you should not have to run it from the store next door.
THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE WASTE..
ALSO THERE ARE TOILETS & SHOWERS NEXT DOOR AM I ABLE TO CONNECT MY WASTE PIPE TO ONE OF THERES :mad: :mad: :mad: [/quote]
Yes as long as the fall is ok.
THANKS
depends on the plumber :) i`d charge about £150 for it.
One other thing, don`t use cap`s like that in your posts, it is considered rude and a breach of netiquette.[/quote] the hairdressers i am opening is based in a complex(sports club) so connecting to there water supply is not a problem, if i can connect my waste pipe to one of theres it would save me running 4meters of pipe along to soil pipe & alot less work.

There are considerable health and safety rules for staff and customers.

I think that you will need at the very least a toilet for your staff ( and you ). As your customers may have to spend time there drying hair as well then I expect you will be expected to let them use the toilet.

When I was a student, I used to do TV repairs for this small shop. An inspector told the Irish Shop Manager that he needed both a male and a female toilet.

The Manager had an idea and promptly labeled the single toilet "Male and Female". That worked!

There are also water regulations and I doubt that you are allowed to resell your water supply to the next door shop.

Tony
hi tony, my premises are based in a sports complex so the water rates are covered, there are 2 toilets ladies & gents & these are for the use of everyone in the complex.

you can't use a toilet thats next door.
you must have your own.

where are you planning on having this hairdressers ? in a garden shed
you give us little info to go on.

you can't expect some lady in rollers having her hair done to run round to next door to the toilet.

think you need to talk to your council first

you can't expect some lady in rollers having her hair done to run round to next door to the toilet.

think you need to talk to your council first
i shall do that but mind you the gym & the beauty room is further away so i shall have to find out, but since the complex is council run a dont think there will be a problem.
ps a dont do rollers thats old skool

what about blue rinse ?

do they know you plan on putting a salon in the complex ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back