Help:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to remove a very thick, solid, and very hard grey render type substance which had been applied directly to granite. It is about 2 inches or so thick and super tough to get off the wall. Probably has been on there some time. Initially the walls I was removing "plaster" from were much easier and an SDS drill or pneumatic air hammer/chisel got the job done in minutes but these are made of much, much sterner stuff.

My question is would there be any "right" way of doing this. Ive got a large SDS drill with appropriate chisel attachment which does the job but super slowly.

Would there be any other method to getting this off which wont be so time consuming.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, thought as much. Its a nightmare to get off. Even a kango doesnt make light work of it ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back