removing old cement render from red bricks - internal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently re-doing the bathroom. I've taken off the old tiles and the walls under the tiles have had the plaster stripped off and replaced with a cement render before tiling. The wall was only tiled halfway up and the top half is still plaster which is coming off easy. However, the render is proving much more difficult to remove. I had a go yesterday and it took a couple of hours to get about a m2 off with a hammer and chisel.

Is there any easier way to remove this stuff? I thought about getting one of those angled chisels for my SDS drill and trying that?

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links
You can hire a kango hammer, but why do you need to remove the render?

You can hire a kango hammer, but why do you need to remove the render?

The walls have only been rendered half way up - the top half is original plaster. I want to strip back to brick so I can plasterboard the walls before fitting large format tiles. The render isnt' completely flat so no good for large tiles really and due to door frames etc being right next to the wall, I don't have the space just to board over the render so it needs to come off some how.

Will a kango hammer be too destructive on an internal red brick wall?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back