Removing Cement Render ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to remove a very thick, solid, and very hard grey render type substance which had been applied directly to granite. It is about 2 inches or so thick and super tough to get off the wall.

My question is would there be any "right" way of doing this. Ive got a large SDS drill with appropriate chisel attachment which does the job but super slowly.

Would there be any other method to getting this off which wont be so time consuming.

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest, in what scenario are we talking about granite being rendered here?

It's likely that it may have had an sbr cement slurry bond bridge bridge applied, in which it would be very hard to remove as you probably know! What you're currently using to remove it is probably the only solution!

I dont know exactly what you mean by scenario but the majority of the walls have normallish plaster on top of a thin greyish bond. Both come off with relative ease. This stuff is thick, like really thick. Dark grey and solid as you like.

I'm having to strip the walls back to brick/granite (at a height of around 1-1.2m) to have the whole of the downstairs tanked n slurried. Ive done the majority of the walls but this stuff is like adamantium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back