Render Teraleene?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just moved house, old place with what I thought was render on the back, I was going to use an SDS hammer drill with a bit chisel top remove the render, but have now been informed is is terylene (not sure on the spelling) and that it's a pig to remove. Any one know the answer? It looks about 10mm thick and spikey

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Its probably Tyrolean, which is usually applied by a hand operated machine onto a render base. Are you taking it back to the brickwork?

Sponsored Links
It certainly will be a nightmare. In fact you have virtually no chance of cleaning Tyrolean back to brick without causing significant damage to the brick surface. And then you won't get them clean. It won't come off in sheets like render might. It will be a case of chipping off very small bits at a time.

The only chance is if it was gunned on very thickly and did not key well to the brick - unlikely but might be worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back