Helped need for an infrared digital light switch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. Bit of a novice when it comes to DIY. I want to surprise my girlfriend with a new bedroom light switch. I ordered a Handy Infrared Digital Switch Hd-139 series.

However, being a cheap ebay job, the instructions dont make any sense to me. That could just be me being stupid.

Essentially, I understand how the normal light switch works. Two live wires, red, which form the circuit, and the green and yellow earth wired into the metal backplate. So far, so good.

However the new switch has a wire connection labeled N, one labeled L and the 4 more numerical connections.

Being a complete noob, my guess would be neutral, Live, no idea what the numbers correspond to.

I've taken pics which I am gonna try and upload to this post. If someone could tell me whether or not I can use this, and where to stick my live wires, I would be very grateful!

photo1ed.jpg

photo2gq.jpg

photo3vq.jpg

Sponsored Links
However, being a cheap ebay job, the instructions dont make any sense to me. That could just be me being stupid.
This is a Chinese product - are you sure it is for the uk market. Is there a BS number on the box, instructions or plate?

Essentially, I understand how the normal light switch works. Two live wires, red, which form the circuit, and the green and yellow earth wired into the metal backplate. So far, so good.
Nope you don't know how a circuit works - the switch opens and closes the two live wires but what about the other part of the circuit that you don't appear to have access to?

Take it back and buy here a box of chocolates instead ;)

Sponsored Links
lol, thanks guys. wish i had bought a box of chocs.

For some reason I was sure it was a european device. Spelling mistakes all over the place, but the company is Han de remote control appliance co. ltd, Guzhen Zhongshan

Lol. I was thinking german, but googling it, of course it is china, Heh.

So I'm guessing I should give up then?

It does have a standard safety: GB-16915.2.3 on it. That any use?

Cheers

This is a Pakistani product
Err... :?:
Chinese, actually:
Yes my mistake, I did change it, we fit them here ;)

And has no CE markings - it shouldn't be on sale in this country.
It does have CE markings on the packaging.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-co...al_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item3cbf23cbbe

The ebay website specifically states that you need both a live and neutral at the switch to enable this switch to operate.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
hehe. ah well. there goes that idea.

Thanks for all your help guys. Much obliged!

It does have CE markings on the packaging.
1) That doesn't look like a proper CE mark as in Conformité Européenne - it looks more like the very similar CE mark which allegedly stands for China Export.

2) In any event the regulations require the actual product to be indelibly marked.

3) Personally I'm convinced that the item should not be on sale in the UK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back