Henry or Charles vacuums for filtering dust?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how good a Henry or Charles vacuum is for filtering dust rather than blowing it around the house - in particular plaster/filler dust?

Sponsored Links
Very good. Excellent in fact. Where have you been hiding?

no, but I use an Aquavac for that. The cartridge filter will stop plaster dust, but it will get clogged up. You can geta large paper bag though, that wraps round the cartridge filter like a big sack. That is better since when the sack is full you throw it away. The paper sack can get punctured by sharp bit of broken brick or concrete

It is possible to clean a cartridge filter from an Aquavac or similar to get the plaster off by tapping, or brushing, or washing, depending how dirty it is. I have an idea I tried disposable filters a long time ago but they weren't much good.

Sponsored Links
I got hold of a Charles wet and dry.

It has a hepa dust bag and a secondary filter too, and it performs a lot better than my existing Vac King type wet and dry with its paper bags and sponge filters. And it does not fall over when pulled along the floor .... bonus!

My first dust extractor was a charles based unit.

It was crap for cellulose filler and gypsum- the bags constantly split within minutes and I would have to remove the cloth/nylon filter and shake it.

I also disliked the fact that I had to use adaptors to connect to power tools.

To reduce the frequency of splitting I used to fit larger bags.

My festool bags are better in that they don't split but they do clog quickly with the same dusts.

I am considering a primary cyclone which will divert the dust to a plastic bag before getting to the festool. Hopefully no loss of suction and longer lasting bags

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243553

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back