Hep20 newbie - push fit will not release!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to remove this fitting to fit a new sink, but no matter how hard I pull up and twist, it remains rock solid and will not budge, any advice would be very welcome
Ta
Adrian

Attachments

• hep20.jpg
    hep20.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 597
Sponsored Links
I persume the valve cuts off the water to the fitting. You need spanners and grips. 1 Hold the body ofthe valve and turn the dirty brass nut to loosenthe fitting at the bottom.. 2 then hold brass nut at the top and turn the silver nut to loosen and the whole section will come out. The plastic bit may not be a push fit - it looks too small.

but it fits perfectly into the Hep20 special "easy" removal tool (pictured)

Normally you have to push a collar into the fitting where the pipe goes in - so you should pushthe blue tool upwards on both sides torelease the prongs that hold the pipe in. Can you see anything where the plastic pipe goes into the fitting ? Pull onthe pipe whilst holding the blue tool upwards.

Sponsored Links
You need to pull up, not down.
And make sure the release tool is not pressing on the 2 small tabs underneath the fitting (not visible in your picture).
The fitting will separate from the white plastic piece of pipe.

Thanks for all your replies, it still will not budge
give me speedfit anyday!

Last edited:
Just undo the nut from the isolation valve?

Undo the chrome nut from the flexi and the isolating valve nut holding the white pipe.
Then you'll end up with fitting and plastic white pipe in your hand and see why it's not coming apart.

Push it on, see if it goes further and then try again with the tool. If it still won't release, dismantle the pipe and try again out of situ with some pliers holding the plastic pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back