hepo2 or speed fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am lookig for some advice. I am moving a radiator from one side of the room to the other about 12 feet, I was wanted to use HEP 02 or Speed fit. Can you advise me which one os best. The pipes will be located under floorboards in an upstairs room.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Osca

Sponsored Links
Its curious that the 'Speedfit' inserts don't allow full insertion into the rad valve as they are too big even if you did want to use them :confused: Hep20 do but deffo make the tails up in copper. John :)

i would say speedfit over hep, only cause some people who dont know much of Hep20 may still think its the old hep and think it may cause problems, as said make sure boiler and rad tails are in copper or if not least your pipe will aready be white if your using speedfit,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Hep2o every time, it's rated to higher pressure (although you won't use it but this suggests greater strength/durability) and the fittings are less suceptible to accidental demounting

..............take the rad tails up in copper tho ;)

Is 'copper tails' just for visual sake or is here another reason?

Radiator valves use a compression fitting which primerily are designed to be used in conjunction with metal.
Any plastic pipe uses what they call inserts which is not primerily desingned to be used with compression fittings, however it does work.
You can buy Lock sheild and TRVS that are specifically designed for plastic however.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back