Hepvo valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a washing machine and drier installed in my utility room and have been noticing some bad smells in there. On inspection neither waste outlet has a u bend fitted so this is where the smell is coming from. The holes that go through the wall to the drain are too close to the floor to allow a u bend to fit so I was going to drill another hole higher up and fit them.
However been doing some research and came across something called a Hepvo which it says can be used instead of a u bend. Would this be ok to use in this situation? Also any tips/advice on installing would be appreciated as I'm not great at this sort of thing but thought I would have a go
Cheers

Sponsored Links
They should be OK to stop smells!

They are just fitted vertically in line in the pipe. About 160 mm high.

Tony

Thanks Tony, so if I just cut the existing vertical pipe off, the valve will fit directly to that and would i have to put some more pipe into the upper bit?
Just looked at one on ebay and it says "To fit inline you will need a CV3 running adaptor see our other listings"
Not sure what that means

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back