here`s a good un

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating will run for approx 90 mins then the water pipes start vibrating.To stop the vibration i have to turn my thermostat valve in the bedroom 1/4 turn.
This will keep the heating quiet for up to 1hr when the same must be done.

The system has been bled several times with no altertion of the fault(air was not present after the first bleed)

I have recut the joists i can find to lift the pipes off them and even put rubber gromits to seperste the inlet/outlet pies to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions would help,my local plumber will only come out when the vibration noise is present and as is when he comes the noise had stopped and he would not give any suggestions,just told me to ring next time it happens

Sponsored Links
could you give boiler make and model

System decription ie combi, y plan, s plan

The valve type ie lockshield or trv

Sounds like your trv is on the wrong side take the head off and if it stays quiet it needs moving to other side of rad

Sponsored Links
boiler is ravenheat fanned combi rsf 84e

lockshield or trv dont understand sorry

is this more a knocking sound than a vibration :rolleyes:

next time it does it turn the TRV to a higher setting and it should stop.

If so post back and I'll tell you what to do.

TRV- themostatic rad valve which is what i've just re-read that you have to adjust.

Damm too slow. :LOL:

yes trv on all rads they are all set fully open to (hopefully) enenly distribute the heat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back