here`s a good un

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
thanx doitall i will take the head off and buy a new one if it works

thanx guys

sorry for the slight spat i caused

Sponsored Links
m surprised that no one has mentioned that the system should under current regulations have an auto bypass valve ( ABV ).

Properly set the ABV should be able to stop the chattering of the TRVs.

Tony

m surprised that no one has mentioned that the system should under current regulations have an auto bypass valve ( ABV ).

Properly set the ABV should be able to stop the chattering of the TRVs.

Tony

I agree Tony which is why I asked the questions.

However untill we get the answer the vibration could be the pump.

Like you I think the problem is pressure differencial exceeding the manufacturers limits, an ABV will solve that.

So if it was to do with bypass why are all his valves not making a noise as they reach full temp and try and turn off.

just been one of them days :evil:

I'm having one of those lives! :cry:

But logging in here most nights cheers me up no end :)

yorkyuk will be sifting through the 'Terms' now looking for ABV's, TRV's etc. And what about the SDP's? They'll mostly all be OAP's now or living it up as MEP's. :cool: ... sorry Mods couldn't resist!

...looking for ABV's, TRV's etc. And what about the SDP's? They'll mostly all be OAP's now or living it up as MEP's.
Lots of greengrocers' apostrophes there! Plurals like ABVs do not have apostrophes. The apostrophe signifies a missing letter, as in it's as a short version of it is, or they're for they are. It's also used to form the possessive, as in John's ball (the ball of or belonging to John). This is because the old form of the possessive was Johnes but the e has been substituted by an apostrophe.

glad to see the humour has returned.However I will visit B&Q tomorrow for a new TRV and see if it cures the fault if not then I will repost and test out the brains of the forum.

thanx so far guys

glad to see the humour has returned.However I will visit B&Q tomorrow for a new TRV and see if it cures the fault if not then I will repost and test out the brains of the forum.

thanx so far guys

YOU dont need a new head :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If by removing the head the problem has stop then you need an ABV

...looking for ABV's, TRV's etc. And what about the SDP's? They'll mostly all be OAP's now or living it up as MEP's.
Lots of greengrocers' apostrophes there! Plurals like ABVs do not have apostrophes. The apostrophe signifies a missing letter, as in it's as a short version of it is, or they're for they are. It's also used to form the possessive, as in John's ball (the ball of or belonging to John). This is because the old form of the possessive was Johnes but the e has been substituted by an apostrophe.

John has two balls Chris :LOL: and when he's playing snooker 22 balls :evil:

doitall
further back in the thread u told me to take the head off and that will cure the problem....so surely a new one will do the same?????

doitall
further back in the thread u told me to take the head off and that will cure the problem....so surely a new one will do the same?????

Yes it will :rolleyes:

I said take the head off and tell me if the problem has stopped.

The problem subject to your answerr to my first question is the system pressure differencial.

As the valves close the pressure in the system increases beyond the manufactureres limits for the valve so the pin bounces, and causes the noise.

thanx i am now beginning to understand what you mean...do I need a professional to adjust the pressure if this is the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back