Can here a vibrating noise when the heating is on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help every time the heating is on i can here a vibrating noise sounds like coming from upstairs haven't got a clue what it could be. Its quiet to start off then gets louder then stops then appears again.

Sponsored Links
Take a look and see if you have a pump attached to your airing cupboard pipework.

Al

What kind of pump Al, is it that small black one with grundfos written on it.

Yes, Grundfos sounds like the pump.

Look and see if it has speed controls on it.

You might be able to determine if the HUM changes when you change the speed.

That would be the first place to see if HUM is from the pump.

Al

Sponsored Links
dame13 said:
What should it be set to AL, its set to 3. Either 3 2 1.
cheers...

I thought we were trying to diagnose a vibration/hub coming from your pipes ?.

What setting was it on ?

Did you change speed and vibration/hum changed ?

Al

Hang on!

I thought your boiler was a combi in the garage?

If the Grunfoss pump is INSIDE your boiler then it should be on the highest setting ( i.e. 3 ).

Tony

Yeah its set on 3 the boiler is in the garage but the vibration is coming from upstairs not sure where from could be in the loft. the pump attached to the pipes in airing cupboard is set to 3. The vibration gets loud then quitens down then stops. Then it starts again but it doesn't seem to do it all the time.

Hi,

Do you have thermostatic valves fitted to the radiators? If so, see if any of them are set to a low setting, or off. The core of these valves does not screw down firmly on the seat, so that when the valve is almost in the closed position it can bounce off the seat with the action of the pump. Just open the valves to half or more to test.

If this is not the case look for loose pipework in the loft. Clamp pipes to the rafters/joists to stop the vibration.

Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back