Here we go - Tabloids start the attack on the NHS to take blame from our government.

Sponsored Links
If you agree with this Mail article, don't go out and clap on Thursday, we don't want to hear your fake appreciation.

I have better things to be doing than standing in a street clapping.
They get paid to do their job. And very well paid too.

Sponsored Links
Try sticking to the true meaning of the word boyo.
I don't think you have read the dictionary definitions of the word properly have you boyo. If you had you would have chosen better. They sum up the Wail accurately. Dumbo.

Interesting C4 news. They had the SAGE virus mapping man on. A man that cheesed me off early on by saying the economy must be considered. I think I understand why he said that now. Far more open this time and not happy. It seems delayed lock down was down to the human behaviour people. Never been done before and thought they couldn't do a China. They imagined blind panic and thousand pouring out of London etc. Ok there has been a bit of that but locking down earlier may have reduced even that. Then Italy locked down and it turned out to be easier than expected. First time any western country has tried that,

Also asked about Cummings attending. No he didn't push in any direction just asked for clarification on some areas. What map man said in effect was civil servants should be there as they communicate with the gov. Maybe a side step as I don't think Cummins is but the heads of etc are.

;) Then they had another expert on. He pointed out how amazingly quickly the public has adapted over just a couple of months. Also thinks we should rely on the scientists rather than the current politicians. He would like to have seen a Roosevelt and Churchill in charge even I/2 a Roosevelt compared with Trump.

They get paid to do their job. And very well paid too.

Why do nurses need to use food banks then? Oh, don't tell me, because they can't manage their assets properly.

One percent pay rise i for how many years now? In real terms they earn less than they did 10 years ago.

Why do nurses need to use food banks then? Oh, don't tell me, because they can't manage their assets properly.

One percent pay rise i for how many years now? In real terms they earn less than they did 10 years ago.

In real terms many people earn less than they did 10 years ago and huge swathes of the population didn't even get a 1% pay increase year on year, in many cases it was a decrease.
We can drag all the pay scales up again and the stats which show the scale the majority of nurses are on, it's an exercise we carried out a month or two back.
The bottom line is nurses are relatively well paid.

I don't think so, certainly not for the work they do and the 12hr shifts.

If they do 12 hours they get paid overtime, they can also freelance at weekends or their days off for agencies doing the same job but earning 3 or 4 times as much.
What do you think the average salary of a nurse is?, I'm not digging the figures out, I did that last time.

If they do 12 hours they get paid overtime, they can also freelance at weekends or their days off for agencies doing the same job but earning 3 or 4 times as much.
What do you think the average salary of a nurse is?, I'm not digging the figures out, I did that last time.
They tend to do 12 hour shifts as the norm.. about 4 days/nights a week. I know 2 nurses, a doc and a midwife as friends and all do more because of short staffed. They often do not have time to eat a proper meal in a break either, so that's 12 long hrs..

I think the average wage is about 25k for a fair few years until they go up in bands. Hardly a massive wage for the long hours and the responsibility imo, plus it's only a few grand more than someone who works full-time for minimum wage and no responsibility.

I think the average wage is about 25k

That's the starting wage once qualified, it's the bottom of band 5. and that is for a 37.5 hour week, anything over that is paid as overtime.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

plus it's only a few grand more than someone who works full-time for minimum wage and no responsibility.

Between 8 and 13 grand more, and that's at band 5, top of band 6 would we well over 20 grand more.

Than u get the top consultants probably trained at the tax payers expense and work for the NHS 2 or 3 days a week

Rest of the time they are in Harley Street or some other private practice

AFAIK GPs are on 100 grand a year?

Plenty of self employed in the construction industry work 16 / the 18 hour days?

7 days a week as well

When u take all the hours some work they are on the minimum wage

Actually doing the job
Paper work
Forms
Rules / regs
Books etc
And all. The other hassle that go.s with self employment and dealing with at times stupid customers

Sponsored Links
Back