heritage shaker shower & body jet valves leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heritage shaker shower - thermostatic mixing valve and 4 body jets, with a stopcock on/off for the upper two jets and a stop cock for the lower two jets. The system was installed in 2008, and has a salamander ESp100 CPV negative head pump supplying the shower. The pump has recently started hunting, for about a second every 20 - 30mins. Looking under the shower tray, we can see dripping from behind the shower panel. Taken the faceplate off the TMV and cant see any sign of leakage or damp. It looks like the main shower head draws from one port on the TRV and the body jets from another port - there are 4 plumbed connections. Turning the isolation valves on the discharge side of the pump and then opening the shower taps (TRV + stopcocks) stops the dripping. Leaving the TRV closed and opening the lower stopcock results in a slow but steady drip from the lower body jets, but seems to stop the hunting. As soon as the lower stopcock is closed again the hunting starts.
My guess is an internal leak in the TRV and a second external leak from the lower stopcock - does this sound right? Slight (!) complications are that the hole in the shower facing through which the stopcock tap protrudes is smaller than the shroud, so i cant get the shroud off. It looks like the shroud dia is the same as the face plate dia, so if i holesaw the facing to get the shroud off, the faceplate won't then cover the hole...
Ideas for what's going on and how to deal with the leaks appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back