hermann boiler DHW fault

Sponsored Links
Firstly, they are not reconditioned, they are repaired !

Are you two paying £50 for a repaired PCB and then charging the customer the full price of £200 ?

they are reconditioned if all the resistors and relays are replaced, not just the faulty one replaced.
You have no idea what I buy or from whom, and how dare you have the cheek to insinuate I charge full price for a recon board. I offer the customer the choice and 99% of the time they go for the recon. The charge is relative to the cost of the part.

If you continue with these assumptions you like to make about people Tony I may find myself replying to you in a similar manor..lets see how you get on

If you continue with these assumptions you like to make about people Tony I may find myself replying to you in a similar manor..lets see how you get on

Don't worry about it Micky , Tony has two heads , the one in the CC whereby he asks his fellow gas men ADVICE and the other one in here whereby he portrays himself as the best of the best and puts his fellow gas men down , i'm going to say Tony is NOT a qualified plumbing and heating engineer and should NOT be giving advice on the subject , now if Tony can prove me wrong then an apology is in order.

ps.. Tony you do yourself no favours whatsoever , THINK before spouting off. ;)

Hi, Mick, even if diaphragm was duff, the boiler should heat DHW when microswitch is operated manually, says it,s not ? but ch is ok.Son said he took micro off, what for??, if it,s not working in situ, it,s either duff, or something else. Pin only operates it,if it doesn,t work by hand , any idea what it could be.?
Son hasn,t got the manual, silly s**, so I,m trying to either get one from the net, or as much info as I can before I go over, long trek. Could do with flowchart of ops from micro onwards trouble shooting.

Yes if you operate the microswitch it should fire, but I would be sceptical its been properly tested. If it doesn't it may be a faulty microswitch(happy days) or a faulty microswitch damaged by a leaking gland on the diverter valve.
I have the manual I'll send it over. Whats your email?
Hi mick,yg, sorry about late, comeback, had to rush out, OH, pranged car;;CHeers
It,s [email protected]
I seem to have caused an upset again,sorry When My Vokera was playing up. I seem to recall Tony was always at loggerheads with everyone. The site says It will recon the existung board for £55 or if rush job, Send a reconned one out @ £30 more, and refund it when the damaged (IF ?) is returned, so still costing £55,, with 12 months guarantee.Fully Tested.; My pcb for Vokera was £170. Homeserve has reopened my case against them for negligence,2 years later, thier fitter blew the heat exchanger, whilst, CHANGING A DIAPHRAGM. small one, CH ;;;£2 from spares ;; it took him 4 hours,and literally blew the heat exchanger of the wall;;Let him do it because I had a contract with them;;hence new Weissmann. Prefer my old Vokera, don,t care much for condensers.? My Vok, was like an old ford Popular.easy to work on;not for homeserve engineer though, He hadn,t a clue, he admitted he was lost as to why it worked in reverse, I suggested bleeding DHW,exchanger; he claimed it wasn,t that,we.,ll never know;;; They left me high and dry in the middle of coldest winter on record..
Believe it or not, I am at this moment waiting for installer of Veissman to come and service it, Number 2, this is after phoning him 6 weeks ago, 2nd appointment, and doesn,t look like him coming again.That,s what it,s like here..getting afte rsales ,here need to keep my 5 year warrantee with Veissmann up to date.another Happy new year, looks like.;;;TF1 started leaking at bottom, then stopped again, ???

Sponsored Links
manual sent, hopefully. Dont worry about Tony, he's ok in real life, just a bit of a tw*t with a keyboard and a glass of wine :D
Good luck !

manual sent, hopefully. Dont worry about Tony, he's ok in real life, just a bit of a tw*t with a keyboard and a glass of wine :D
Good luck !
Thanks micky, got manual, sent e-mail, ignore mse. on them many blogs. :oops:
Looking at it, the microswitch is attached to diverter valve via a clip, yes.
Need to go see boiler, can see why DV would be awkward, side on to change in situ. My boiler engineers just been, 15 minutes .£90, all he did was stick gas emmission detector in access on exhaust flue, all readings ok;;checked TF1, that was ok, clean; cheers

Good luck !
Hi micky, just an update on boiler.
Not too bad for ex-engineer;;;changed diaphragm in 1 hr 10 minutes;;in situ;;
Confused me though, didn,t think it would come out,small o-ring kept it tight, had to wriggle it a bit.
Also, the diaphragm, unlike Vokera, works on a plunger system both sides,as you know ,but, it was completely welded to diverter inside, not allowing any cold water through at all, needed to scrape old one off inside of valve before fitting new one.Either CH got scalding and fused it to valve,on water side, ???or, don,t know why.??? Unusual just to perish when in use regular.
Micro was ok, was firing, so first guy was pulling a fast one;cheers mate for manual. :)

you done well to change it in situ. Its a tricky procedure, as you have to hold the pin down from the inside while you pull the top housing clear. I think the fact it was welded down probably helped you in this respect. good job

you done well to change it in situ. Its a tricky procedure, as you have to hold the pin down from the inside while you pull the top housing clear. I think the fact it was welded down probably helped you in this respect. good job
Hi micky, yes, when I took cover plate off , I had to prise it off, welded, so that probably made it easier, getting it back on washarder, lining it up, and spring.Any idea about welding?considering he,s never had it serviced from new, it belts out heat better than my new30kw veissmann, his isonly 20k I think, and 3 story house. gimmy old type anytime, don,t like condensers, bu88888er the climate

Hi micky, yes, when I took cover plate off , I had to prise it off, welded, so that probably made it easier, getting it back on washarder, lining it up, and spring.Any idea about welding?

not really, ive had that before on various boilers, didnt really think much of it. Its failed, replace, done :D

Hi micky, yes, when I took cover plate off , I had to prise it off, welded, so that probably made it easier, getting it back on washarder, lining it up, and spring.Any idea about welding?considering he,s never had it serviced from new, it belts out heat better than my new30kw veissmann, his isonly 20k I think, and 3 story house. gimmy old type anytime, don,t like condensers, bu88888er the climate
edited.cheers

Hi, Guys;;
My Son, has another problem with this hermann boiler, no hot water or ch.
his description on the phone signifies pilot light out.BUT, I don,t know if it has one, or is electronic ignition.
He says there is no ignition button on panel, as on my old vokera.so again signifies igniter problem??
Is it possible it has a unseen igniter?somewhere???no mention in manual
mickyg sent( thanks again )so signifies it,s electronic ignition, but no lights showing to signify cut out;;
The boiler sounds asmatic when trying to start, I noticed it when last I did diverter valve, but it fired ok then.could be fan ;;;;
I honestly never noticed if it had a pilot flame, he thought it had,but then, no igniter::Afraid, my son doesn,t know anything diy;;hence old man here;;
Any advice would be grateful, he,s miles away, in the sticks, and works12 a day, 5 days, so up to me to try and help.again ,so, need some help from you guys again.cheers
Alas, I,m stumped; the only thing that comes to mind is air pressure switch, with wooshing noise.??

its direct electronic ignition, no pilot. Sounds like a gas issue and for obvious reasons we can't give advice on gas issues.

Mick

its direct electronic ignition, no pilot. Sounds like a gas issue and for obvious reasons we can't give advice on gas issues.

Mick
Hi Mick, cheers, appreciate that.
Friends looking at it , gas registered,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back