Hetas or general builder - install fireplace and fireback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been gifted large cast iron victorian fireplace.

I have a horrible and badly repaired, salmon tiled fireplace.

I want to remove the tiled fireplace and install the cast iron one in its place. The fireback in the tiled one is cracked, so, ill need to install a new one. Both fireplaces and "holes" are the same size ish.

Is this a job that requires hetas engineer? I've spoken to couple of installers, who said they only fit fireplaces they supply, and, suggested a general builder and a hetas cert probably isnt required.

In your opinion, is this a job for a general builder? Does it require a hetas cert?

Sponsored Links
Yes, Hetas. The builder could fit it and a Hetas plumber sign it off.

Yes, Hetas. The builder could fit it and a Hetas plumber sign it off.
I have been gifted large cast iron victorian fireplace.

I have a horrible and badly repaired, salmon tiled fireplace.

I want to remove the tiled fireplace and install the cast iron one in its place. The fireback in the tiled one is cracked, so, ill need to install a new one. Both fireplaces and "holes" are the same size ish.

Is this a job that requires hetas engineer? I've spoken to couple of installers, who said they only fit fireplaces they supply, and, suggested a general builder and a hetas cert probably isnt required.

In your opinion, is this a job for a general builder? Does it require a hetas cert?
Did you find someone to do it? Most round here don’t want to engage as into wood burners. We are going to install outlet own

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not resurrect old threads. See the forum rules. ONE new thread will do.
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back