Hetas really needed ?

Sponsored Links
,No you just need a CO alarm and to install it in line with building regs. If in doubt get a professional with customer references to do it.

Nothing wrong with compliant diy installs IMHO, as long as fully tested and as stated above, CO detector installed.

If people want to burn down their own homes and void their insurance, that's purely down to them. It's called personal responsibility.

Sponsored Links
One of the comments below the article says.

Interesting and my I say a some what ove rthe top artical. We have two wood burning stoves, both fitted by Hetas certified engineers, and I have to say my 3 year old grand child would have made a better job. Both have had to be removed and re fitted. The flue on one instead of being fitted to the back of the fire with the provided securing plate provided, it was help only by lumps of cement. Don't be taken in by these so called experts, alot of them have no more than a 6 weeks course under their belt and just how much can you learn in 6 weeks.

And that's the problem with Hetas....6 weeks,£800 and away you go installing woodburners etc.

Back