HETAS, UPVC, building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm selling my house and I have a few questions about the work I did:

The house got refurbished 6 years ago.

1. I put UPVC French doors in but didn't get a fensa cert, all the other UPVC windows were all done over 10 years ago and before we bought the house so never received any fensa certs when buying it.

2. I had a boiler installed about 2 years ago and can't find any info on it being registered and can't find the name of the company that did the work, I have had a gas safe engineer out who says the installation is fine and did a CP12 so I have that cert, is this enough to sell the property?

3. When the agent came round and took photos I had a stove in but it wasn't installed by a HETAS engineer, I have since taken it out so there is no sign it was there. Is this an issue?

4. When I was getting the work done I go a architect to do the plans and he put the downstairs WC and opening into the garage through building regs and it was passed and I have the certs, my issue is that I took out a stud wall between the kitchen and the dining room, the architect said it was just a stud and not load bearing and this wasn't a issue but I've been reading about where in some cases building control should of been contacted about it, they never said anything when they came round and signed off the WC and opening into the garage. Do you think this is a issue?

5. The house also got rewired, i didn't inform building regs but got all the relevant certs from niceic is this enough.

Also the EPC engineer has done his cert would any of this of come up in his report which I'm yet to see?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's not illegal to sell a house which has no evidence of having had planning permission, or Building Regulations approval, or certificates for the electrics, the boiler, whatever.

It's entirely a matter for the buyer to decide if he wants the house as seen, or not.

I have had a gas safe engineer out who says the installation is fine and did a CP12 so I have that cert, is this enough to sell the property?
Yes, if the buyer is happy with that.

3. When the agent came round and took photos I had a stove in but it wasn't installed by a HETAS engineer, I have since taken it out so there is no sign it was there. Is this an issue?
It could be - you should get the agent to take new photos and update the description to make no mention of the stove.

I took out a stud wall between the kitchen and the dining room, the architect said it was just a stud and not load bearing and this wasn't a issue but I've been reading about where in some cases building control should of been contacted about it, they never said anything when they came round and signed off the WC and opening into the garage. Do you think this is a issue?
No, if the buyer is happy with that.

5. The house also got rewired, i didn't inform building regs but got all the relevant certs from niceic is this enough.
Yes, if the buyer is happy with that.

But if the work was done by a NICEIC registered electrician they should have notified the work, and you should have got a Building Regulations completion certificate. Get onto the firm that did it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Whatever you do, do not lie to any potential buyers about work which should have been notified/approved/etc and wasn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back