HETAS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting a wood burning stove, which I plan to have certified by the necessary bodies, however I have two thin (about 8cm wide) strips of standard plasterboard running down the fire place opening that fall with in restricted area for combustible material. I realise I should have used glasroc board here but its now been skimmed and finished.

My question is, are the inspectors able to detect the different type of plaster board once skimmed over if I just told them it was glasroc, cause personally I really dont think this thin bit of strip is going to make a bit of difference to fire protection

Sponsored Links
Nope, you'll get away with it...The problem that you have is that Gypsum decomposes when hot and will crumble eventually.... Even Glasroc is no good, it should be cement based board....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back