Hi advise on new boiler install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just after some quick advice as latest quotes been a little extreme can anyone shed light on whether im wrong. Wont give names of companys but will break down both quotes.

House has 11 radiators and old glow worm sytem.

quote 1 :

Think he said Baxi 105he or similar

*Remove & dispose of existing cylinder and tanks
*Suplly n fit condensing boiler in loft, thermostatic valves timer and room thermostat.
*convert from conventional to combination system.
*Flush and inhibit
*commision and test

Total inc vat £2387 + shower £264

quote 2

28kw Worchester Bosch Junior

*Remove and disspose old system
*Supply and fit condensing boiler in loft, 8 thermostatic valves, honeywell w/less prog/stat
*flush & inhibit
*10 yr parts and labour with 7 day call out
*Magna Cleaner fitted

Total inc vat £3550 + £435 for mira shower

Sponsored Links
hi DazsH, I live and work in the Cleveland area. would be happy to give you a quote.

Sponsored Links
10 yr parts and labour with 7 day call out

Total inc vat £3550 + £435 for mira shower

Wonder if that means that if anything goes wrong they make you wait for seven days before attending?

Even so a 10 year warrantee is very generous ( if they are still trading for that long! ).

But the price is a lot higher and would cover several call outs at £84.

Tony

Well he is really!

Advice on some rather vague quotations!

Hi thx for your replies sorry been out these are my mams quotes my boiler ok lol. Thought she might keep an eye on the answers. Mehran might take you up on that quote what company do you own or work for m8?

Also the vague quotations are what paper work they gave us with the quotes.
What information do you all need to get a better picture of the quotes?

I will read all comments and update thread tomorrow off to bed up early thx all :D

DazsH, the company is called Mr Plumber based in Hartlepool but we travel about a bit. We quote using decent gear and good boilers. If you want a quote just email or phone and ask for Andrew.

We would quote using Intergas boiler that come with 5 year warranty and as we are the service agents for them as well it would be the ones fixing any problems as well.

Also your not allowed to fit baxi 105he any more as its only a band b boiler and all new boilers need to be A rated now.

just to add you can found my details if you click on my name.

Two things we agree on Intergas boilers and them Damn monkey spies !

:LOL: :LOL:

Ps first world war Hartlepool had the first casualties ..............

How the heck do I know this stuff !!!!!!!!

cheers speak to her tonight and give u a shout. she must of heard wrong with baxi as quote doesnt state and thats my boiler lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back