Hi, could anyone answer me a quick question wall foundations thanks

Yeah my local pump’s 350+vat just for the pump too, so not really feasible for little ad hoc jobs but a great setup if you can justify it

Sponsored Links
Hi,

definitely wouldn’t need a
Pump lol

the footings for the wall are right next to the path / road … I don’t think I could get any closer if I tried lol

Guess I just have to figure out ready mix v cement mixer… I have a cement mixer ( even though I’m
A Plumber lol ) and the ballast etc would be right next to it. I
Guess it’s just how long it would take … i think
It’s around
1.3 m3 I figured so if that could be mixed in less than
2 hours that wouldn’t be bad but my maths may be way out lol

on a side note I
Dug
Down
To 50cm (not finished yet)which seems to be ok and whilst digging found a
Bottle made by our local town in 1913 … quite a few people
Are
Showing interest in it lol

Attachments

• 0B826A58-AD74-4B33-AFD6-1CD1C6C4D863.jpeg
    0B826A58-AD74-4B33-AFD6-1CD1C6C4D863.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 53
  • BBBF26C4-1E22-4411-BF74-E14CAE4B7319.jpeg
    BBBF26C4-1E22-4411-BF74-E14CAE4B7319.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 46
1.3 m3 I figured so if that could be mixed in less than
2 hours that
Sounds optimistic, I'm definitely DIY and I'd give myself half a day at least as you have to double handle 3 tonnes of materials so 6 tonnes, first into the mixer and second out of the mixer.
A mixer is about 125l but if you do 6 ballast one cement in a 14l bucket that would be 100l, so that would be 13 mixes at 10 minutes each that's going to be 3 hours by the time you have a break.
3 bulk bags of ballast and who knows how much cement, I'm guessing about 25 sacks or so?

Sponsored Links
Morning ,

just really wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone for your patience , help and advise.

I think I’m pretty much there with the footings and way forward with the concrete.

I was going to use concrete bricks and render but now thinking normal bricks would
Look nicer!

If I did go for “normal”
Bricks would it be acceptable to lay a course of concrete blocks flat directly onto the foundations to give me good and easy
Line and distance To follow then put normal
Bricks in that course?

I can’t thank you all
Enough,
Jake

Sounds optimistic, I'm definitely DIY and I'd give myself half a day at least as you have to double handle 3 tonnes of materials so 6 tonnes, first into the mixer and second out of the mixer.
A mixer is about 125l but if you do 6 ballast one cement in a 14l bucket that would be 100l, so that would be 13 mixes at 10 minutes each that's going to be 3 hours by the time you have a break.
3 bulk bags of ballast and who knows how much cement, I'm guessing about 25 sacks or so?

Done it a few times JD, and if you can tip mixer direct into trench/floor it’s easy and quick. No buckets needed, cement bags cut in half and 10 shovels of ballast which is already next to the mixer. Hose with trigger spray or big water butt next to you. Each mix is maybe 5mins or however long you like.
Most recent one was 1.5 bulk bags of ballast and however many cement that equated to. I felt it after, but it was well under 2 hours and the hard bit was manually spreading it across reinforced mesh between each pour.
It’s all in the prep…

Go for bricks -this modern trend for render is pants
Wot he said. Garden walls don't benefit from any overhang protection so quickly become grotty and tired looking. People see magazines with images of Spanish or Italian gardens and think that a UK equivalent will perform the same.:rolleyes:

23vc is that 10 shovels of ballast to a full 1/2 bag ?
Definitely going to be hand mixing .. builders merchants let me have 2 ton of ballast and 10 cement for £100 our local ready mixed wanted £300 for 1m3!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back