Breeze block wall foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Colleagues,

I am thinking of building a breeze block wall (with gaps/space to be able to remove and put back the drain covers), on concrete, which has a drain tunnel running underneath it. Pictures below, and the breeze blocks will be on the red line.
Normally, when building a wall on mud earth, you dig some of it up and pour concrete for the foundation of the wall. But I can’t do this on the concrete path that has a drain tunnel running underneath it.
How do I do this properly so that the foundation for the wall is how a professional would do it, so that the foundation is solid and the wall doesn’t move?.
Thanks.

58B83DCF-E147-4BBA-B856-48F1500C7786.jpeg

Sponsored Links
How deep is pipework? Should be able to dig both sides up deep enough for foundation . Span over access with a concrete lintel .

How deep is pipework? Should be able to dig both sides up deep enough for foundation . Span over access with a concrete lintel .
Dear foxhole, the breeze blocks will be single layer - the red line in the picture is the approximate boundary.
The drain underneath is about a foot underneath. I don’t want to risk the drain cracking or collapsing by digging a foundation.
As above really. One would use a pile and beam method, but it's expensive and time consuming.

Is there a link to the pile and beam method?.

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to design in panels (no, not necessarily timber), probably contrasting, one of which would be removable where that cover is.

If you lintel over the cover, in addition to it looking stupid and horrible, access is still severely restricted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back