Hi Gloss kitchen cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I was hoping for some advice. I am looking for a very hi gloss white range of kitchen cabinets. The ones that I have seen in Wickes, B+Q, Magnet etc are shiny but you can still see the uneveness of the coating as if the coating is thin and the chipboard is showing through. I wondered if anyone knew of a smoother product before I start looking at glass fronted cabinets.

Thanks
Ent

Sponsored Links
High gloss doors? Best ones are polished acrylic, followed by spray painted MDF (ideally hand finished). The mass market high gloss doors tend to be vinyl wrapped and every bit of dust they pick up shows through the vinyl. There are better and worse brands around, but they are all prone to this flaw

@JobAndKnock, thanks for the advice as I didn't know the options. The acrylic option looks very promising so will get some samples and decide.

Just be aware that high gloss surfaces show every smear and scratch in way that lower gloss items don't. Acrylic, whilst relative soft and potentially easily scratched, is at least repairable (I.e. scratches can often be polished out unlike sprayed finishes)

Sponsored Links
Hi there, I was hoping for some advice. I am looking for a very hi gloss white range of kitchen cabinets. The ones that I have seen in Wickes, B+Q, Magnet etc are shiny but you can still see the uneveness of the coating as if the coating is thin and the chipboard is showing through. I wondered if anyone knew of a smoother product before I start looking at glass fronted cabinets.

Thanks
Ent
If what you say about the B&Q doors is correct, all I can say is that I must have a rogue batch then because Ive inspected mine with a fine tooth comb and they are like glass. ..latest ones have 25yr warrenty, the old Santini gloss slab range tended to be a little dimpled in some light

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back