hia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me av put wall lights up and wired em up tae fuse spur on tae normal socket got it wired up but they aint switching off at the socket .help young lady lv doing d.i.y :)

Sponsored Links
Do you mean they ain't switching off at the fused spur?

Is the fused spur switched or unswitched?

How have you wired the fused spur?

Can we try that again... preferably in English this time ;)

Did you touch a live wire and get an electric shock? (only explanation for this drivel)

Sponsored Links
a hv wired em up tae spur fuse and lights came on a wiz aw happy but they naw turn af at i fuse spur socket.av dun wires blue 2 black .green 2 green red 2 brown wats naw wired up rite :(

aileen - they're all old fellas here ... you know, grizzled old boys who aren't comfy with texting protocols :LOL: So if you want an answer I suggest decent grammar and spelling .... I reckon that's what Adam & Cajar are on about.

My best guess is that you've wired both supply and load wires to the terminals on the supply side of the fused spur.

It's alright I can write in foreign.

Aileen, dus yerr foosed spurr have a wee swutch on ut?

aileen - they're all old fellas here ... you know, grizzled old boys who aren't comfy with texting protocols
That's because this is a website.

Exactly the point I was trying to make BAS, but maybe with sarcasm (for those who think I was attempting to be hurtful), maybe with irony (for those who think I was attempting ridicule), maybe with humour (my goodness doesn't this place sometimes need smiles to be induced).

Decent grammar and spelling, oh, and an attempt at accurate descriptions of problems are standards I'm sure we all support. Almost all the perpetual inhabitants on this website observe these aims when replying with solutions or observations; some of the more knowledgeable here often inject sarcasm, irony or humour into their replies .... :)

On a forum such as this where advice is offered, it is extremely important that the question is clearly understood by those who are offering answers. The use of "text-speak" and the like is not acceptable, as it potentially leads to misunderstandings, which may cause frustration to the OP as all replies seem to go around the question without fully addressing it. As stated by Symptoms, good grammar and English are necessary for effective communication. Without this we are on a slippery slope.

Judging by the so-called celebrity culture, so-called reality programmes and drivel like Eastenders I fear 'we' are already a way down that slope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back