Hidden phone cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
Possibly an easy one but I'm clueless with phone stuff.
I have wall mounted my TV and my sky box and router will be on a floating shelf.
New power socket and sky lines will be run behind skirting and up to shelf.
My problem is can I connect a line behind the BT master socket to run down the wall cavity without plugging into the front?
And if so, how?
Thanks
GD

Sponsored Links
If you have an NTE5 socket like the one below.

GPNTE5A.jpg

The lower cover is actually a plug that is inserted into a socket that is part of the unit. After removing the screws it is pulled out and removed. On the back of it there are connections for the purpose you require.

download.jpg

If you have something different, post back details.

Yes, it's exactly that. Thanks
So just a matter of taking Jack plug off anfd pushing wires into connectors?
Do I do away with the filter box?

The front is removed completely and the wires to the extension socket are inserted into the terminals on the back as per the photo below. When all the wiring is complete, the front is plugged back in.

Whilst you are doing the work, and if you want, a phone can be plugged into the socket that has been vacated by the removal of the front.

image.jpg

The micro filter box is for the equipment plugged in to the line, you will still need that, but can plug it into the new extension.

Sponsored Links
whilst you are doing the work consider changing the faceplate part for a filtered option which means you can do away with the plug in micro filters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back