Hiding pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a radiator installed in my loft, the person fitting them said 2 small pipes would have to run up the wall in the corner of my bedroom. Is there any way these pipes can be hidden?

Sponsored Links
As TicTac says, but you will always get the idiot answers on this forum.

Sponsored Links
If you've got an airing cupboard on the first floor they could be run up inside that, most houses have some sort of storage space cupboard on first floor landings.

You'll find it's just a case of the plumber doing the work making his own life easier. As mentioned they could be boxed in or an alternative route (which may be longer and more time consuming - costly) may be possible.

Really you need to tell the plumber what you want, not him tell you what you'll get.

OP, Bear in mind that the plumber might also be considering your budget.

Hiding pipes is usually possible, but might be more than you're willing to pay. But with the information you have given it is impossible to say for certain.

Last edited:
HawkEye244 Where it was going to be fitted I wasn't happy with as the pipes won't be covered.

Just find it amusing that you didn't deem him competent enough to offer the solution.

Boxing in pipes in a corner is not something he's likely to be unfamiliar with... as a plumber/gas installer..

Just find it amusing that you didn't deem him competent enough to offer the solution.

Boxing in pipes in a corner is not something he's likely to be unfamiliar with... as a plumber/gas installer..

I'd guess he can't be arsed doing the job properly, rather than doing the job so it's unobtrusive, I can't recall ever going in to a house where there wasnt an airing cupboard or ex airing cupboard on an upstairs landing or a boxroom. We hide pipes all the time, it's more time consuming ....true. more expensive ....true
But people are happier ....true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back