Hiding pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a radiator fitted in my loft. The person fitting it said 2 small pipes will be put in the corner of my bedroom wall running up the wall. Is there any way of hiding the pipes?

Sponsored Links
Much will depend on your home. Could they be installed behind a wardrobe, or inside any fitted bedroom furniture for example? Is there an airing cupboard or similar elsewhere that could be used to contain them instead. If they are installed right in the corner then usually they can be boxed in quite neatly, or they could even be incorporated into a bespoke bookcase or shelving. The pipes don't have to go in the corner indicated, another location where they could be hidden could be selected.

In my lounge the radiator pipes come down behind one of the window curtains. In the bathroom I cut a channel and buried them in the wall so that they could be tiled over.

Hiding them will of course involve more work, and maybe even lifting floorboards in several rooms. If you are having someone else install the pipes for you, they generally will take the most direct / easiest route from A to B, unless you specify otherwise, and accept the additional costs associated with it.

Thanks for your reply. I have an airing cupboard in my bedroom which is at the opposite end of where the radiator will be fitted in the loft. But then the radiator could be fitted above nearer to the airing cupboard below?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back