Hiding TV wires behind wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking of mounting my TV onto a wall but wanted to hide the wires behind the wall. I've done some research but read it's not safe to run a power lead and hdmi lead behind a wall. Is this true? If so is there another way of doing it?

I'm not a fan of the trunking look and want a completely clean look. Any help or ideas would be great... Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
You musn't bury mains flex in the wall- you'll either need to mount your TV above a convenient socket (though check the safe zones etc. before you drill) or install a fused spur where you want the TV.

And keep at least 50mm between your HDMI cable and the power cable. Neatest way is to use something like this http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg08169/hdmi-wallplate/dp/AV18816 at the TV end rather than having a cable end hanging out of the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back