Hiding ugly lintel?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

So we've recently bought a new house and there's a ton of work that needs doing. One of the jobs is to find something to disguise this big pebble dashed slab above the front door (See Pic below) Sorry the pic isnt very focused, but you can see the slab im talking about. I've considered building a canopy but not sure it will look right! - I've seen some moulded type things over peoples front doors before but ive no idea what they are called to even ask anyone?! This one dosnt protrude very far, 6 inches at the most.

Anyone got any suggestions?

DSCN0561.JPG

Sponsored Links
I can't see anything ugly. But I suspect putting a canopy up wont fit in with anything - and will look ugly

Yeah a few have painted there's, but I'm not really a fan, maybe the picture doesn't show it too well, it's just abit of an eye sore! I was thinking of putting up a canopy but it's quite wide and like you say may still be an eye sore! Does anyone know what it is? It's a lot higher than the door so wasn't sure if it actually was a lintel?!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back