High gloss panel needed for the end of kitchen peninsula?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little while back (ok, a long time ago) I fitted our kitchen units to create a lovely (cough) kitchen with a beautiful (cough, cough) peninsula. However, being a real DIY man (cough, cough, splutter), I have not been able to finish the end of the peninsula with some sort of panel because, so far, I have been unable to find something suitable.

To give you an idea of what I am referring to, the following pictures are CAD renders I did that show my original design of the peninsula with an end panel.

The kitchen units are Ikea Faktum with high-gloss Abstrakt doors. I would like to try to match the doors as closely as possible.

Approximate required dimensions of the end panel are:

W: 1236 mm
H: 869 mm
D: 18 mm (this is negotiable)

The width is a bit odd (I suppose) as I used a piece of 2" x 2" (45mm) to join units back-to-back in order to create a service area for a gas pipe for the hob. This also means that 2 standard side panels next to each other would be 45 mm short leaving a gap in the middle. To be honest, I really want to avoid having multiple panels. I would prefer one long panel.

I have searched online for options and one site which stands out is HPP but they look like a trade only outfit. Particular items that seemed like a good possibility were:

http://www.hpponline.co.uk/Product/MDFWG

or

http://www.hpponline.co.uk/Product/MDFAWG

Obviously those panels are MASSIVE for what I am doing and probably would take a small army to carry.

Anyone have any ideas of where I can get a high-gloss end panel for this? Any other ideas for something to cover the end of this peninsula? Funky or quirky ideas welcome too (e.g. having a blackboard surface...etc)

I'm based in South East London.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I'll make some calls.

Anyone else got any funky ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back