Joining high gloss end panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen island built out of standard high gloss units from Magnet. Unfortunately they don't provide the high gloss end panels that are 900mm, which is how deep the island is. Instead they provided to 600mm ones which will need to joining. What is the best way of neatly joining these?

I've thought a joining strip might be a good idea becuase there is going to be line along the join however this is done, using the joining strip would avoid any deviances in the cut being too obvious. But can't actually find a T shaped joining strip (preferably metal) other than those made for worktops which are too deep.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
can you make a single panel, and spray it in gloss lacquer mixed to order to match the other panels? or to a contrasting/complimentary but different 'feature' colour if you can't get an exact match.

Or you can saw down the tongue of the worktop T-joiners, but I always think they look cheap.

Jive - create the same T effect using two angle sections (L shaped) butted together. Consider positioning a thin strip (rectangular) of similar material sandwiched between the Ls and set slightly back to create a 'shadow line'. The aim is to make a feature of the join not to produce something that is obviously a bodge join.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back