High Integrety CU - Internal cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are these fully populated CU normally supplied with the internal link cables please, or do I need to source them please?

Sponsored Links
The adverts show 1710416451892.pngand seem to remember they had a pack of parts with them, but still needed stuffing glands and tails for incoming supply. Today I would be wary, as in the main we have gone all RCBO so the question is how long will the old boards still be available?

I have also had problems with loose terminals with fully populated boards, it seems the supplier put the items in the board for easy transport and nothing torqued up. Just nipped to hold in place.

The adverts show 1710416451892.pngand seem to remember they had a pack of parts with them, but still needed stuffing glands and tails for incoming supply.

Tails are already here, and no glands needed, so should be all good. Plan is do the swap this weekend, and I don't want to get stuck for the lack of internal cabling.

I have also had problems with loose terminals with fully populated boards, it seems the supplier put the items in the board for easy transport and nothing torqued up. Just nipped to hold in place.

I always double-check such things, even when I've personally done them.

Sponsored Links
With the new metal boxes I have found I have needed the special stuffing glands for the tails.

These tails enter from the rear of the CU. The CU is on a board, spaced away from the wall, with tails coming in through that wall, just under the board. No tails visible, no cables visible.

Just because I never fit dual rcd or hi integrity boards - it’s debatable if dual rcd boards actually comply with the regs

Only debatable, in your opinion, others have read and understand what is written.

Aren’t you concerned about cumulative Earth leakage ?

At the moment, no. If there is an issue, I am on-site, and I shall deal with it.

Does your customer understand the options and costs?
I get the impression the customer is extremely aware of exactly what is being suggested and the options.

As Eric has mentioned the internals are usually supplied and may or may not be fitted. There are often options in these CU's such as non RCD circuits and selecting different ratios across the RCD's.

As an example one 5+5 board I fitted ended up as 2 non RCD +2 & spare + 4 & spare

I get the impression the customer is extremely aware of exactly what is being suggested and the options.

As Eric has mentioned the internals are usually supplied and may or may not be fitted. There are often options in these CU's such as non RCD circuits and selecting different ratios across the RCD's.

As an example one 5+5 board I fitted ended up as 2 non RCD +2 & spare + 4 & spare

They should have been removed from the regs when metal cases came in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back