High level cistern on stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's a low level but in the same style, cictern on the wall with pipe going into pan rather than actually resting on the pan

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160444

My toilet before last was a plastic version of this and was simply screwed into the stud. I then replaced it with a reasonably expensive Roca close coupled toilet that for the past 4 years I have had nothing but trouble trying to get a flush that didn't require two goes.

So I'm trying out a cheap alternative to see how I get on and how well it works.

I have the cictern here, it's got two big 55mm deep rawl bolt things which I presume will split the studs if I attempt to use them.

Just wondered what peoples advise on fixing it to the stud is?

Big coach screws and a couple of brackets on the bottom of the cistern?

many thanks

Joe

Sponsored Links
If it's into timber then screws with plastic/rubber washers will be fine.

Thankfully the holes line up with the studs so yes it's into timber.

Just wanted to make sure it would be fine with the weight and no extra support would be needed underneath. I suppose with modern cisterns they don't get anywhere near as heavy as the old ones due to the limited amount of water.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back