High oil usage or stolen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renting a house and due to move out at the end of februrary. We needed oil earlier this month but becuase we are leaving we had the minimum of 100 litres delivered, this was on the 10th of jan

We just ran out today. Is it possible that we have used 100 litres in 3 weeks? Or has some been nicked? No obvious leaks anywhere and the pipe runs above ground so no mystery underground leaks either.

The house is a 3 bed semi and we are very low heating users normally.

Its an old stlye boiler with burner like this
http://images02.olx.co.uk/ui/20/29/...Oftec-Trained-Free-Estimates-Lisburn-Road.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
About £20 quid a week. Sounds right.
Nothing old style about the boiler.

I guess it really depends on the size and output of the boiler.....burner nozzles are graded in US gallons per hour, and the nozzle size is stamped on them.
For example, a .60 nozzle passes the equivalent of 2.27 litres per hour, a .70 nozzle passes 2.65 litres per hour and so on.
These nozzle sizes would be for small to average boilers, I think, so yours may well be bigger.
I hope its correct what I've said :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
100 Litres is ONLY around 20 gallons - a small Domestic oil boiler used approx 0.5 gallons per hour while running! so 100 Litres of oil is going to last Yo long!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back