High Pressure Shower Options - Bungalow / Immersion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I currently live in a bungalow that has a hot air heating system and 140L electric immersion tank for hot water. No radiator setup / combi boiler. Overall we are really happy with the heating system as it is fast to heat up the home and no radiators.

We have one bathroom which had an electric shower when we moved in being mains cold fed from the attic. I have recently 'upgraded' to a Triton AS2000R Power Shower with associated feeds from the cold water tank and immersion. It is an improvement over the electric shower but still lacks the pressure I am looking for. Even some of the digital showers and pumped showers at friends homes are not quite the power I would like in my setup.

My question is, if I went the route of a 3.0 bar pump for the hot and cold exclusively for a mixer shower, would that be overkill and be no benefit over a 2 bar pump? This would be plumbed up correctly with surrey flange etc. I am aware I would need to consider the flow rate with only a 140L tank which is fine, but it is the pressure I would like to be high.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depends on what you want as far as a shower is concerned. Not knowing the output of the power shower is pretty difficult to make a comparison but certainly a 2 bar pump is a significant output pressure for a shower but then again a 3 Bar pump is comparable to a properly fed unvented hot water system.

A lot is also dictated by the shower itself, the shower hose and the shower head as to how effective it feels. I could believe the difference when I changed a generic shower head and hoes to a Mira multi head and hose. That being said I do have a very good unvented system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back