High Pressure Unvented Cylinder - Installer Advice

I think the op has misunderstood option 1 gasguru.
It reads to me like the feller is proposing to use a dedicated supply to the cylinder and take the cold off after the prv to give balanced supplies.
It seems to me that the op just doesn't like the thought of a prv to bring his 7 bar down to 3.

Sponsored Links
1) Create a new direct feed from the mains to the cylinder, and then put a mains balancing valve (i think this is what he called it) to supply hot and cold. I've been told this is the best way to equalize pressure/flow when multiple outlets are open.

The inlet control group should have a "balanced" port available which is provided for taps/showers as per reliance water controls recommendations.

You need to fit a pressure reducing valve to the incoming main and pull it down to 5 bar.
You can supply some cold outlets with this 5bar depending on your plumbing layout which will provide redundancy.

Then the second prv on the icg will provide the pressure for taps/showers else where in the property etc.

I think the op has misunderstood option 1 gasguru.
It reads to me like the feller is proposing to use a dedicated supply to the cylinder and take the cold off after the prv to give balanced supplies.
It seems to me that the op just doesn't like the thought of a prv to bring his 7 bar down to 3

Sooey - yeah that's right probably didn't explain myself properly.

The megaflow system is a Range Tribune which gives out 3 bar and comes with a PRV (as I can get considerable discount on these).

Both were suggesting fitting a PRV. My worry/question was whether the mains feed should go direct to a balance port before feeding any outlet (as I say we have hot/cold mixer taps)

or

If a PRV is fitted at source to reduce pressure to 3 bar does is a balance port required on the basis it would reduce the mains pressure to 3 bar to all cold taps, and the pressure out of the cylinder would be the same on the hot too.

Norcon - based on your response it does, so option 1 seem best. Right?

Thanks guys - sorry for my ignorance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back