high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
puma 80e hw ok can run all day no probs when i put ch on the pressure builds up to 3 bar in seconds water pores out the p r v and locks out this happens constantly and as a result cant use the ch at all. can anyone help me with this problem before i take a hammer to it!!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like lack of circulation. Check to see if heating circuit is turned on underneath boiler & when you turn heating on you check that the flow & return pipes get hot.

Rogue Trader said:
Sounds like lack of circulation. Check to see if heating circuit is turned on underneath boiler & when you turn heating on you check that the flow & return pipes get hot.
all rads get very hot i can hear water gushin around inside the boiler you hear a build up of presure i dont know if this is water or air the dial goes up then it cuts out

Check pressure in the pressure vessel and that the filling loop is disconnected. :D

Sponsored Links
Does it go to 3 bar in seconds of putting the CH on ? This would indicate poor circulation or a blockage. Or after the rads get hot and the pressure reaches 3 bar the blow off opens in seconds.

Bahco said:
Check pressure in the pressure vessel and that the filling loop is disconnected. :D
how do i check pressure in tank ?? and i have to leave the loop in so i can top it up all the time . i also get lots of steam and water coming out of the air vent on top. can you tell me if water should go into exspantion tank through flexi pipe?

I think your flow switch is sticking on you will probably have to get some one in.

andsam said:
Does it go to 3 bar in seconds of putting the CH on ? This would indicate poor circulation or a blockage. Or after the rads get hot and the pressure reaches 3 bar the blow off opens in seconds.[/quoteas yes more or less rad would get hot if i left it but i turn it off as pressure goes to high

cold in brum said:
andsam said:
Does it go to 3 bar in seconds of putting the CH on ? This would indicate poor circulation or a blockage. Or after the rads get hot and the pressure reaches 3 bar the blow off opens in seconds.[/quoteas yes more or less rad would get hot if i left it but i turn it off as pressure goes to high
if i turn on hot water the pressure drops

First read "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the reference section and charge the pressure vessel, then see what it does.

ChrisR said:
First read "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the reference section and charge the pressure vessel, then see what it does.
i havnt any manuals on it i put 1bar in but there is no water going up through the flexi hose is it supposed to do that

cold in brum said:
ChrisR said:
i havnt any manuals on it i put 1bar in but there is no water going up through the flexi hose is it supposed to do that
i have fixed my pressure problem but now i have still got steam comming out of the vent in the top when i have c h on its ok but when i run h w pressure builds to 2 bar when i turn it off again and then steam come out of the vent and the pressure drop to 1 bar then if i reset it its ok till i have to run water again :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back