HIIT aerobic exercise upstairs bedroom? (Wood flooring, no neighbours)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question it's hard to find much about this despite searching.

I'm moving into a first floor flat with a spare bedroom I would really like to use as a space to exercise. It will mostly be bodyweight exercises and some HIIT aerobics. I'm wondering if this will support my weight or if over time I will be messing the floors up and it's in any way dangerous. I just don't want to fall through the ceiling lol. It's an old building - I'm guessing built in the 60s but it's currently being refurbed, soundproofed and the floorboards nailed back down. I'm a heavy guy losing weight (around 16 and a half stone currently). I have no neighbours so noise bleeding downstairs isn't an issue (the bottom is used for storage).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes dumb question.
If floor is structurally sound you can jump as much as you like .

Sponsored Links
Installing a gym mat will make a huge difference to the sound and impact on your neighbour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back