Hikvision Alarm Input Door Contacts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to hook up an alarm door contact to my NVR to switch to full screen on a particular channel in the event of a door being open.

It kind of half works.... I've got everything set up, but can only get it to switch to full screen using the door contact tamper switch.

Whether i set the alarm input to be N.O or NC this alternates whether it switches when the tamper switch is pushed down or released.

When the cover is fitted, tamper switch depressed, it won't switch when the magnets are separated or moved together no matter what i do.

The door contacts have selectable resistors one for tamper, one for zone and I've now ended up cutting both as per normal for my alarm, assuming it works in the same way when the cover is on and tamper switch down, magnets together would be circuit closed, move apart would be circuit open and switch the display?

Can i not use these type of door contacts with hikvision NVRS or how do i get it to work?

Sponsored Links
Use a standard normally closed door contact
Try by just closing the circuit by touching the two wires together
Could be the resistance of the EOL contact causing an issue ?

Use a standard normally closed door contact
Try by just closing the circuit by touching the two wires together
Could be the resistance of the EOL contact causing an issue ?

I'll give that a go, just wanted to use the same door contact for aesthetics so they looked the same, but if i need to use one without a tamper, then so it be.

Sponsored Links
As image

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    894.8 KB · Views: 171

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back