Hikvision Dome v Turret Camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Due to IR Bleed and generally poor night vision, I decided to trial the Turret camera. I've noticed a marked improvement in the night vision.

However, the day vision is not as sharp on the Turret when compared to the dome. Also, it appears that i need a bracket in order to get a straight picture with the Turret as mounting it on the wall doesn't appear to be give me the correct angle.

Questions: can the image on the Turret be sharpened by changing a setting? Can I get a straight image without the bracket?

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 268
Sponsored Links
Have you tried logging into the camera directly, there are many more image settings available than there are when connected straight to an NVR. As for the viewing angle, the turret cameras are able to rotate freely in pretty much any dinension you would wish, have you loosened the locking screw and physically rotated the camera? I’ve fitted hundreds of turrets both wall and ceiling mount, never had a problem getting a good, level picture on them.

I have loosened the screw and recall that with the side marked "up", it isn't possible to angle the camera down too much. I will revisit this and confirm.

How do I access the camera directly and can you point me to the settings that would lead to a sharper image please?

Guys, I think I've stumbled on something that may be significant. I noticed that the Turret only has the following resolution options. The dome is set to 2668x1520. Any ideas where I go next?

Attachments

• resolution.png
    resolution.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 231
Sponsored Links
i can’t say I’ve had any issues tilting the turret style cameras down far enough to get a good image. Don’t forget, if you go too far you’ll get IR reflection from anything underneath the camera at night (walls, etc)

You may need to upgrade the firmware on your NVR to get the full resolution on your turret camera, that will be the reason it doesn’t look as clear as the dome. Be careful as a lot of the kit from eBay/unofficial resellers can’t have the firmware upgraded. Any attempt to do so may brick the machine, rendering it useless.

Well I use both and can’t say it’s ever been a problem.

The quality settings can have a big difference, including the bit rate.

Seen a thread recently somewhere else where the bit rate from the camera wasn’t high enough resulting in less image.

For example I have found high quality and frames rates and then h264+/ 265 gets great images and saves space.

I would reset the camera to the default settings and then take up the quality if it’s not good enough but flash the cameras up to latest firmware first if genuine uk stock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back