hikvision on windows phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a Hikvision NVR and am using the Hik-connect platform (not hik-online), any ideas on how I access the system from a Windows phone?

the browser throws up a "plugin not detected error" and the IVMS app doesn't accept the server name.

everything is working on my iPhone and iPad.

Sponsored Links
Use iVMS-4500 I've got a couple of customers on windows phones the layout is different to android/ iOS but they work

I used to be able get it on my Windows phone via Hik-online with no problems, (it was a pain to set up, port forwarding etc) however when I upgraded my DVR to a DS-7204HUHI-K1 I couldn’t get it to work.
Hik-connect has now replaced Hik-online and I could never get it to work after that, works a treat on my iPhone, iPad and android tablet

thanks @SandyLyon. That's exactly what I'm experiencing. My personal phone is running windows and need to solve this.

would love to hear from anyone that had a solution.

please note that I've got ddns, port forwarding, etc. all setup and this works fine on the iPhone

Sponsored Links
Sorry I can’t help you but I gave up on my windows phone in the end, I was running Windows 8.1 on mine, not sure if it’s any different on Windows 10.

There are some really knowledgeable people on here, I’m sure someone will be able to sort it.

I was running 8.1 as the OS and the Hikvision iVMS-4500 app.

My WhatsApp stopped working on my windows phone because it was no longer being supported

On the iOS system there is a wide choice of apps, iVMS, Hik-connect, ez-view etc, it seems like the developers aren’t supporting the Windows platform to the same degree as iOS and Android.

You can use iVMS-4500 and log in with your Hik-Connect account

Attachments

• A091FC5A-F30C-4005-9606-CE57C0A0D850.jpeg
    A091FC5A-F30C-4005-9606-CE57C0A0D850.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 237
that screenshot appears to be from a ios device? This app doesn't offer the same support on a Windows phone from what I can see.

that screenshot appears to be from a ios device? This app doesn't offer the same support on a Windows phone from what I can see.

Correct, that was the issue that I was having you don’t get that option on the Windows app. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it would appear that there is more support and features for iOS and Android platforms.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back