Hikvision Connect via PC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a router that doesn't allow incoming connections.

I can connect to my cameras remotely via the android apps using the hik-connect credentials. Is there a way I can do via PC? When I go to hikconnect website and click on the ip of the device, it tries to access direct to that IP but that is blocked by the router.

When I try to confiure IVMS it also doesnt seem to work.

Sponsored Links
Setup port forwarding on the port and ip so your router does allow it would be the logical answer.

You can add a device in iVMS-4200 ( pc software ) via your hik connect account , latest iVMS-4200 software ...

I think if you use hik-connect and iVMS-4200 or iVMS4500 (iOS or Android) you don’t need to change router settings, although I’m sure those with more experience in these matters will correct me if wrong.

Sponsored Links
Depends how you are connecting I think. I only connect with my IP/Domain in the app in which case I have to port forward to be able to view it outside of my local network.

Extract from Hikvision Connect set up manual.

Summary

Hik-Connect is a new service introduced by Hikvision which integrates the dynamic domain name Service along with alarm push notification service. It provides an easy way for devices to connect to the Internet.
This manual is a guide for users to show them how to add Hik-Connect service.
Note:
In order to improve your user experience, we recommend you enable the UPnP function in both your router and device, or configure Ports Forwarding manually in your router.
You still can use Hik-Connect service even if you don’t enable UPnP or configure ports forwarding manually; however, you cannot use Hik-Connect domain name service.

You can do it one of two ways, the first with no router port forwarding.
Login to IVMS go to Device management, under Hikvision device click add new device type and select HIK connect device.
You will need the device added under device management here
https://www.hik-connect.com/

From memory I think from the web interface you need to go into network-advance settings and set platform access

Or sign up for free account with NOIP, port forward your router and access via the internet to your browser

Might help https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-12-07/057ff240-0972-43c2-99da-05ec65d45054.pdf

I have the 1st option on my laptop, but also second option so i can view from any pc anywhere I am

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back