Hikvision IP camera

dya

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hallo you guys
I whant to install an IP camera, hikvision DS-2CD2020f-i, but I don”t whant to buy an NVR for it.
I will connect the camera on my internet switch, and browse the image on my pc.
It is possible to live view the camera on my android smartphone just by installing iVMS4500 without the NVR?
The storage will be made on the HDD of my pc.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
You can even watch all the event (videos and pictures) captured by the camera if you install an SD card inside it, just with the apps. No NVR needed.

Sponsored Links
storage of images needs to be thought of very carefully, I wouldn't rely on sdcards and pc recording although its possible.

1. sd card is a limited size
2. pc harddrives are not designed for continuous use

ok
thanks for your hints
for the moment I just whant to see the camera over internet on my cell phone without buying an nvr

Can't remember the ins and outs but #2, secureiam, when hard drives of a sensible size came along, suitable for dya's use (many) years ago though, I was always supplied with 'special' hard drives, NOT PC hard drives, but ones especially for being constantly re-written, and other bits(?). The PC HDs never stood up to that sort of hard use. :sneaky:huh

Hello
I use a Seagate video Hdd 3.5”, 64Mb buffer / 7200 rpm. It works fine since 2014

I am an IT engineer and from my experience it is enough to enable the write disk cache on the hard disk... this way you avoid short burst of writing.

My hdd (normal el cheapo WD elements on usb2) has been in use since 2012 with the two external ip camera (pir activated)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back